I have received the odd message here and there from you guys asking about my bedtime and morning routine, so I thought I would have a go at writing the former here. This routine is the one that I do every night (when I have time). I have suffered from insomnia in the past due to my anxiety, however I find that when I complete every step of my routine, I generally have a good night’s sleep.
- Wipe off my makeup, and use an exfoliater, cleanser and face mask. My skin is super oily and acne-prone so I do adhere to a strict facial routine. You can see what cleanser and face mask I use here. Always apply these products in that order for maximum results!
- While the face mask is drying, now is the time I make my hot water bottle. This is specifically a winter routine, but I find that boiling the kettle and filling my water bottle and putting it under my duvet (to warm up the bed for me!!) is the perfect amount of time to leave my facemask on!
- Bio-oil, and moisturiser. Bio-Oil is a fairly new addition to my routine, but it is one I now can not go without. I am desperately trying to get rid of my acne marks so I can feel more confident not wearing makeup. I find that not only does it leave my skin gradually looking clearer, but it also has made my skin soooo soft and smooth! It also doesn’t clog my pores or cause breakouts, which is always the worry when something is advertised as an “oil”. Always remember to put moisturiser on as well to keep your skin healthy! Click the picture below to purchase Bio-Oil from Amazon at the lowest price I can find:
60ml Bio-Oil, £9.65
4. Now is the time I brush my hair to ensure that all knots are out and all dead hairs come out. And then, I put my hair into two Dutch plaits. The reason I plait my hair every night is that it makes it lovely and wavey in the morning, plus it stops your hair from knotting or getting in your way when you sleep. Below is a video of how to do a Dutch plait:
5. Now is the time that I practise yoga. Again, this is a fairly new addition to my routine, but I find it massively helps get me in the mood for sleeping, and to let go of all the stresses of the day. I generally do around 10-20 minutes of very chilled and easy yoga A video I often follow is below:
6. Make sure you brush your teeth and take any tablets you need to! I always take any daily tablets I need just before bed as I find it is the best time to remember them. I always keep my tablets on my bedside table. Now is the time that I turn off my main light and just have a lamp with a warm glow or perhaps a scented candle by my bed. I read, or I switch my phone to night mode and put the brightness all the way down.
I hope you guys like my bedtime routine and take some steps from this! I know it is a long routine but I just find pleasure in slowly ticking every step off of my list and carving out this time in the day for a little me time.
Let me know down below what your bedtime routines are like and what you guys do to relax before sleeping!
Love from Evie x